Personal statement = potential to shine! Your personal statement is your opportunity to successfully market yourself. Whether you are applying to medical school, business school, or law school, applying for a scholarship or fellowship, or applying for a position in your field, you can distinguish yourself by presenting a compelling, informative personal statement that impacts your readers.
The personal statement is usually either a general statement or a response to a specific question or questions. The general statement gives you the freedom to decide what to write about and how to shape your material. The answer to a specific question demands that you address the question with thought, precision, conviction, and enthusiasm.
Learn what makes a powerful personal statement and how to write one. Let us:
- share successful strategies with you and help you develop a topic or response
- help you create an outline
- critique your first draft and suggest revisions
- critique your second draft and suggest revisions
- critique your third draft and suggest revisions
- proofread your final product
Tutoring is available in your home, at your local public library, or at another mutually agreeable location. Following the two initial sessions, work can be done by phone if necessary. The process usually takes 3-4 hours. For a sample critique of a draft of a personal statement, click here to view a pdf.